Version 8.3.4 (17.11.2023)
- NETsec LogViewer version 2.6.0 handles invalid character and a context menu for the search result is available.
- Invalid characters such as hexadecimal value 0x13 (DC3) will be removed in the source value and message value of a log entry.
- Invalid characters such as hexadecimal value 0x13 (DC3) will be removed while synchronizing mail-enabled objects as contacts into mailboxes.
Version 8.3.3 (02.11.2023)
- Fixed issue disconnecting PowerShell connections from Exchange Online.
- Fixed issue synchronizing properties for Public Folder and Shared Mailboxes.
Version 8.3.2 (04.10.2023)
- Fixed issue connecting Exchange Web Services while running scheduled policies by contactSyncService.
Version 8.3.1 (28.09.2023)
- Fixed issue running old policies, which are not migrated to an Environment Configuration.
Version 8.3.0 (21.09.2023)
As of version 8.3, contactSync can now also synchronize contacts from a Shared Mailbox into user mailboxes located in the same Exchange environment.
- Additional Public Folder Settings to insert the primary SMTP address of the content mailbox of the selected public folder to gain optimal synchronization performance.
- NETsec LogViewer version 2.5.0
- Update NETsec.RemotePowerShellLibrary, NETsec.PowerShellLibrary and other NuGet-Packages
- As of version 8.3, contactSync no longer uses Autodiscover to detect the Exchange Web Services URL for Exchange Online any longer. Instead it uses the default Exchange Web Services URL for Exchange Online world-wide: https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx Otherwise please use the manual setting for the Exchange Web Services URL for Exchange Online.
- Added conditions for object filter rule: not contains, not equals, not start with, not ends with
- The invalid character with hexadecimal value 0x1E will be removed in the property value of object for the export.
- The invalid character with hexadecimal value 0x1E and 0x1F will be removed in the source value and message value of a log entry.
- Fixed issue importing status via Import Status menu.
- Migrated contactSync policies always have Application Impersonation enabled for Exchange Online mailbox access.
- Expand logging for Exchange Web Services (EWS).
- config.xml has a setting to change the EWS ItemView PageSize.
Version 8.2 (04.07.2023)
As of version 8.2, contactSync uses the REST-based Exchange Online PowerShell v3 module to communicate with Exchange Online. So now, in addition to Windows PowerShell 5.1, contactSync requires ExchangeOnlineManagement PowerShell module version 3.1.x for Exchange Online PowerShell V3.
- Expanded configuration of 'Modity or delete existing contacts with source domain'.
- Old contactSync policy is checked before migration to an Environment Configuration that the policy does not have Full Access configured to access for Exchange Online mailboxes.
- Fixed new line issue of the info attribute (Notes)
- Fixed reading new line from data file object.
- Fixed issue comparing contacts
Version 8.1.10 (11.05.2023)
- Fixed issue executing policies with the service
Version 220.127.116.11 (09.05.2023)
- Fixed carriage return issue relating to new line in the info attribute (Notes).
- Fixed reading new line from object on data file.
- Fixed issue adding license file
Version 8.1.8 (30.03.2023)
- Fixed issues modifying Application Credential for Exchange Online of the Environment Configuration.
- Expand logging, if same smtp address for multiple objects is detected during synchronize to Exchange Online.
Version 8.1.7 (02.03.2023)
- contactSync can build a value for the CarPhone (OtherMobile), OtherFax (OtherFacsimileTelephoneNumber) or OtherTelephone (OtherTelephone) property of the mailbox contacts.
- Fixed issue searching for objects in Exchange Online.
- The invalid character with hexadecimal value 0x1F will be removed in the property value of object for the export.
Version 8.1.6 (07.02.2023)
- Fixed issue with old Exchange Online policies, which are not migrated to an Environment Configuration.
Version 8.1.5 (25.01.2023)
- Customization of the resource URI via the Office365 Mail API endpoint for scopes request to access protected API of the different Azure Cloud instances during certificate-based authentication. Please note, that user-based authentication via OAuth 2.0 works only for the Microsoft Azure Public Cloud instance.
- Fixed issue searching for Application Access Policies.
Version 8.1.4 (11.01.2023)
- The default RecipientTypeDetails list for synchronization has been extended to include Remote User Mailbox, Remote Room Mailbox, Remote Equipment Mailbox and Remote Shared Mailbox.
- Fixed issue selecting include nested groups option
Version 8.1.3 (17.11.2022)
- Fixed issue synchronizing personalTitle attribute to title attribute of mailbox contact.
Version 8.1.2 (15.11.2022)
- Expand logging to check if Application Access Policies exist
- Added synchronization of generation attribute (suffix) of Public Folder contacts.
- Fixed issue on the 'Access to Mailboxes' tab.
Version 8.1.1 (09.11.2022)
- Changed default group option on the group option dialog to Only Membership
- Added synchronization of title attribute of Public Folder contacts.
- Added synchronization of personalTitle attribute of on-premises objects as title attribute of contacts into mailboxes.
- Added option: Delete all unmatched mailbox contacts during the next execution.
All contacts in the selected folder and sub-folders of mailboxes that are not synchronized by the contactSync policy will be deleted once.
Version 8.1.0 (02.11.2022)
As of contactSync version 8.1, the certificate-based authentication method to establish a connection to Exchange Online is available in the Environment Configuration. Exchange Online connections using the certificate-based authentication method, Azure AD App Permissions of a registered application are used for access.
- Updated RemotePowerShellLibrary supports Exchange Online PowerShell V3 module.
- Added synchronization of MiddleName and CountryOrRegion attributes of Public Folder contacts.
- Fixed issues synchronizing Photos and multiline attributes of Public Folder contacts.
- Added synchronization of CountryOrRegion attribute of on-premises objects as contacts into mailboxes.
Version 8.0.5 (14.09.2022)
- Fixed issue searching Exchange Online mailboxes
Version 8.0.4 (25.08.2022)
- Fixed issue accessing Exchange Online mailboxes for synchronizing contacts
Version 8.0.3 (04.08.2022)
- Fixed issue searching mailboxes of an on-premises Exchange
Version 8.0.2 (02.08.2022)
- Fixed issue writing Exchange Online objects Distinguished Name to data file.
Version 8.0.1 (18.05.2022)
- Fixed policy cancelling if no objects for synchronizing available, maximum errors reached or minimum objects did not reached.
- The contactSync Service can be installed with a local account on a standalone server for Exchange Online cloud-only scenarios.
Version 8.0 (02.05.2022)
With GALsync version 8.0 you need to setup the environment settings via the new "Environment Configuration" to use your old policies from further GALsync version or to setup new synchronization policies.
Since version 8.0 contactSync synchronizes contacts of a modern Public Folder into users’ mailboxes, which are in the same Exchange environment.With contactSync version 8.0 you need to setup the environment settings via the new "Environment Configuration" to use your old policies from further contactSync version or to setup new synchronization policies.
- contactSync supports Modern Authentication for Exchange Online PowerShell.
- contactSync requires Windows PowerShell 5.1 and the ExchangeOnlineManagement PowerShell module for Exchange Online PowerShell V2.
- contactSync updates contacts only if they have changed. This improve performance and save traffic.
- Updated RemotePowerShellLibrary and NETsec LogViewer2.
- New policies will synchronize mastered-on-premise objects from Exchange Online as contacts into mailboxes by default.
- Fixed saving the RemotePowershellCredentials in the policy XML file.
- "Modify or delete existing contacts with source domain" option has been expanded to allow configuring multiple source domain values separated by a pipe character.
Version 7.6.5 (07.07.2021)
- Logging expanded, if reading objects from on-premises Active Directory
- New NETsec LogViewer version 2.3.0
- Fixed issue showing message boxes
- Logging expanded for email addresses of existing contacts
- Fixed issue fetching email address from legacyExchangeDN if mailboxes are processed concurrently
Version 7.6.4 (07.04.2021)
- NETsec LogViewer Version 2.2.0 opens log files larger than 2.3 GB
- Issue fixed for checking connection the Exchange mailbox of the service account
- Mailboxes that failed to be accessed are also written to the end of the log file for a better overview
Version 7.6.3 (19.03.2021)
- The count of elements in the filter condition of the Get-User PowerShell command of Exchange Online has been changed by Microsoft.
The count of elements in the filter condition of the Get-User PowerShell command for Exchange Online is reduced accordingly to prevent the Exchange Online PowerShell error with the reason "ADFilterException" and the message "The total number of explicit and implicit subfilters exceeds maximum allowed number of 250. Processing stopped."
- Remote PowerShell ErrorStream handling expanded.
Version 7.6.1 (09.02.2021)
- Fixed issues with the Property Rule Editor.
Version 7.6. (07.01.2021)
Since contactSync version 7.6 contactSync module can synchronize contacts into multiple mailboxes concurrently
- Expanded handling of Exchange Web Services (EWS) server-side throttling
- Fixed issue with manual Exchange Web Services (EWS) URL for Access to Mailboxes
- Fixed issue with multiline values in the Body attribute, which is shown in Notes of Outlook Contact
- Fixed issue with Modern Authentication for EWS by cloning a policy
- Fixed issue with deleting a policy with Modern Authentication for EWS
Version 7.5.7 (10.09.2020)
contactSync can build a value for the NickName property of the mailbox contacts.
Version 7.5.6 (30.06.2020)
contactSync Service Wizard expanded to install the service with a local account on a standalone server. The local account will be required to use Modern Authentication for Office 365 Exchange Online on a standalone server.
Version 7.5.5 (24.06.2020)
Fixed issue with selecting Exportable RecipientTypeDetails for Exchange Online
Fixed issue with filtering mailboxes by RecipientTypeDetails
Version 7.5.3 (27.04.2020)
- Logging expanded, if current user cannot decrypt the token for Exchange Web Services
- the AssistantName attribute can be synchronized optionally
Version 18.104.22.168 (02.04.2020)
- Information text extended on the GALsync Exchange Tab and in the manual.
Version 7.5.2 (30.03.2020)
- Update to NETsec LogViewer version 2.0.1
- Logging expanded for the EWS access method
- Fixed issue with policy scheduler
Version 7.5.1 (05.02.2020)
- Fixed issue to run policies via the contactSyncService.
Version 7.5.0 (20.01.2020)
Since contactSync version 7.5 contactSync can authenticate for Exchange Web Services (EWS) by using modern authentication OAuth to access Exchange Online in Office 365.
- Added RecipientTypeDetails filter after selecting the RecipientType on the Mailboxes tab for Exchange Online
- Performance improvement if the LegacyExchangeDN needs to be translated to an smtp address for contacts in old mailboxes
- New design of the NETsec LogViewer
- Additional context menu for the log list on the status tab: Open log file, Export log file, Export all log files
- Updated RemotePowerShellLibrary and TaskLibrary.
- Fixed issue to send emails to recipients, which mail address starts with underscore.
Version 7.4.10 (15.07.2019)
- Added 'Set for all ...' option to the Search dialog for groups and OUs
- Fixed issues in the NETsec.RemotePowerShellLibrary
- License notification via e-mail
Version 7.4.9 (29.05.2019)
- Fixed issue with the order when selecting objects.
- Ends the policy when not all results could be received from Exchange Online.
- Fixed issue on the credentials tab.
Version 7.4.8 (14.05.2019)
- Fixed issue stopping the policy from the GUI
Version 7.4.7 (17.04.2019)
- RecipientTypeDetails list expanded, e.g.: GuestMailUser
- Fixed issues in the NETsec.RemotePowerShellLibrary and updated NETsec.TaskLibrary
Version 7.4.6 (04.02.2019)
- Fixed issue with special characters in PowerShell commands
- Fixed issue with selecting dynamic distribution groups
Version 7.4.5 (14.01.2019)
- Update to DotNetZip 1.12.0
- Counter for skipped mastered-on-premise objects
- Expanded logging for RemotePowerShell
Version 7.4.4 (30.10.2018)
- Fixed issue with adding value during import
- Expand logging for analyze object of on-premises Active Directory
Version 7.4.3 (18.10.2018)
- Logging for remote PowerShell expanded
Version 7.4.2 (12.10.2018)
- Search for mailboxes excluded mail-enabled users
- Logging expanded
Version 7.4.1 (19.09.2018)
- Fixed issue with synchronize all mail contacts of an Office 365 into mailboxes
Version 7.4.0 (18.09.2018)
- Exchange Online: Export MailUser
- Fixed issue with duplicated e-mail addresses
Version 7.3.3 (09.08.2018)
- Expanded error handling of remote PowerShell
- Fixed issue with synchronize picture and expanded logging
- contactSync needs minimum Exchange 2010 SP1
Version 7.3.2 (26.07.2018)
- Fixed issue with resolving group members
Version 7.3.1 (24.07.2018)
- Impersonation for access to the mailboxes to synchronize contacts
- Synchronize existing contacts with another source domain
- Fixed issue with reading property rules
Version 7.3 (18.06.2018)
contactSync 7.3 needs .NET Framework 4.7.1.
- DevComponents DotNetBar update to Version 14.1.0
- Update to .NET Framework 4.7.1
- Write a value of an attribute during export
- Fixed issue with LDAPS by sub-domains (on-premises)
- Fixed issue with scheduling a policy once a day
Version 7.2.12 (06.03.2018)
- DevComponents DotNetBar update to Version 14.1.0
- Remote PowerShell ErrorStream handling expanded.
- Fixed issue with remove and create a PowerShell session.
Version 7.2.10 (12.01.2018)
- Allow synchronization into the well-known contact folder of the mailboxes
- Changed default settings to "Synchronize an additional contact for each untagged contact" in the mailboxes
- Logging the value of the msExchDynamicDLFilter property and the value of the msExchDynamicDLBaseDN property of dynamic distribution groups (on-premise)
- Logging the RecipientPreviewFilter value of dynamic distribution groups (Exchange Online)
- RecipientTypeDetails: Rename RemoteMailbox to RemoteUserMailbox
Version 7.2.9 (05.12.2017)
- On-premise Active Directory setting: Use LDAP over SSL (LDAPS)
Version 7.2.8 (07.11.2017)
- Fixed issue with "Exportable RecipientTypeDetails" in on-premise environments
- Added Active Directory version for Exchange 2016 CU6 and Exchange 2016 CU7
Version 7.2.6 (24.10.2017)
- Fixed issue with telephoneNumber property
- Extended logging
- Fixed issue with remote PowerShell connection, if a ProxyAddressExistsException occurs
- Fixed issue with logger
Version 7.2.4 (29.09.2017)
- Fixed issue with dynamic distribution groups, which should only resolve their members
- Fixed issue with telephoneNumber property
Version 7.2.3 (20.09.2017)
- Fixed issue with trial mode
Version 7.2.2 (29.08.2017)
- The import option "Build property" can use the extensionAttribute 1-15 as source.
- Rules of the import Property Rule Editor can be modified.
- Fixed issue with PowerShell commands, which have no results, i.e. the search "Get-Recipient *test*" has no result.
Version 7.2.1 (23.08.2017)
- Fixed issue with RecipientTypeDetails "Public Folder" and "Scheduling Mailbox"
Version 7.2. (17.08.2017)
- Since contactSync version 7.2 contactSync supports Office 365 Germany and synchronizes Office 365 groups as contacts.
- License is changed to numbers of mailboxes
- Fixed issue with deleting properties of Outlook contacts
- Manager property will not be synchronized anymore
- Options of selected objects on the directory tab can be modified by a double-click.
- contactSync 7.2 has a redesigned remote PowerShell management for Office 365 tenants.
- Office 365 credential is expanded to email address
- contactSync will try to reconnect broken remote PowerShell sessions to the Office 365 tenant during a policy run.
Note: If a PowerShell connection to the Office 365 tenant is broken, then contactSync will try to reconnect to the Office 365 tenant, but it may happen, that some data are not completely synchronized due to the broken connection. In this case contactSync will try to complete it in the next synchronization run. In worst case it can happened, that some existing contacts in the target mailboxes of the synchronization will be deleted and that after they are re-created NDR issues in the target environment can occur.
- Office 365 setting: Renew remote Powershell session after x hours
- contactSync detects the Exchange Web Services URL for on-premise environments similar to Office 365 tenants.
- Exportable objects will be filtered by Recipient Type Details
Note: If the msExchRecipientTypeDetails / RecipientTypeDetails property is not set, the object will be synchronized independent of the filter settings.
- Status Tab shows only the log files of the selected policy
- NETsecLogViewer allows drag and drop of log files.
- NETsecLogViewer reads CSV log files.
- NETsecLogViewer finalizes broken log files
- Fixed issue with saving subject of status notification email
- A new license file is required for contactSync 7.2.
- If you run the contactSync 7.2 without a license you will not be able to synchronize more than 20 objects for up to 21 days!
Version 7.1.7 (16.11.2016)
- Fixed issue with resolving members of DynamicDistributionList
- contactSync: Fixed issue with searching mailboxes for DynamicDistributionList
Version 7.1.3 (07.09.2016)
- PropertyMapping changed
- TelephoneNumber -> BusinessPhone
- IpPhone -> BusinessPhone2
- Assigning synchronized contacts as 'private'
- contactSync does not synchronize the mailNickname property as nickname into mailboxes anymore
Note: exisiting nickname values of contacts in the mailboxes will not removed
Version 7.1.2 (24.08.2016)
- Implemented search functionality to NETsec LogViewer
- msExchRecipientTypeDetails property will be exported by default (on-premise)
- RecipientTypeDetails property will be exported by default (Exchange Online)
- contactSync can ignore the mailNickname property for import into mailboxes
- Fixed issue with property dialog on the contact folder tab
Version 7.1.1 (25.07.2016)
- NETsec LogViewer will show more details by double click on a log entry
Version 7.1.0 (11.04.2016)
- new contactSync icon
- fixed an issue with the setup
- Export: contacts to users´ mailboxes have been limited to 20 analyzed objects.